Saturday 10 September 2011

#10 When God Was A Rabbit...

Happy Saturdays guys! Hope Everyone is well. For those of you that don't know... I am a massive bookworm! My bedroom is exploding with all the latest girly novels. I got into reading when I was very young and became very advanced for my age, and since being encouraged to read since I was 5, I havent stopped! I always carry my latest read with me in my handbag as I never know when I might get held up and have a chance to read, especially on the trains or waiting for a train, so for those of you who commute and are sick of travelling pick up a book!

Now onto the book! I like to read the reviews in my magazines such as Cosmo and Glamour, as I can always guarantee I'll find something I like, this book is also Richard and Judys best read of 2011 - I think, please correct me if I'm wrong. The book is about a girl named Elly and tells her life story from the moment she is born in 1968. You learn about her relationships with her family and the people she meets along the way like her bestfriend Jenny Penny. However the relationship illustrated best is that between Elly and her elder Brother Joe. You can see the bond form tightly right from a young age, and see it progress all throughout their early twenties, and even when they are living on the otherside of the world from eachother. I don't want to say to much and spoil it for those who might be interested, but it is such an unusual book and kept me hooked, but if you are reading it and finding it hard to get into I really reccommend that you keep at it as the best is still to come as it pulls on the heartstrings when it includes scenes from the 9/11 with her brother. I think I'm starting to say too much so I'll just leave you with the blurb as a final word.

'This book is about a Brother and Sister. It's a book about childhood and growing up, friendships and families, triumph and tragedy and everything in between. More than anything, it's a book about love in all forms'

3 comments:

  1. I so this book advertised too and was thinking about reading it. Will definitely try to get my mitts on it now! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mum is currently reading this, the title really got me interested, so I shall read it after her! :)
    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs