Monday 12 September 2011

#11 Woman's Hour- The Perfect Brownies

Hope everyone had a great weekend, despite the wind and Hurricane warnings over in little old England. This weekend I baked some lush Brownies just for the sheer hell of it. I love to bake and would love to have my own little bakery or little tea shop down on the coast when I'm old! I'm always baking Brownies and using different recipies as I haven't yet found the one yet! But when I saw a recipie in my portfolio that I've collected for 'The perfect Brownies' I had to give it ago and I wasn't dissapointed, I was only dissapointed that my whole family decided to come round and demolish the lot, but hey I guess that means they were great! They are really moist, and really chocolatey,usually I find that the crisp round the edges and sink in the middle but like the recipie said they were perfect and didn't take long to knock up and pop into the oven. So here it is.. The Perfect Brownies...

Ingredients
  • 150g unsalted butter
  • 225g dark chocolate, ideally 70% or more
  • 3 eggs
  • 125g light muscovado sugar - for the rich fudge flavour
  • 50g flour - recipie suggests fine rice flour but I used plain flour
  • 1tsp vanilla extract
  • 100g pecans - opitional, I didn't use them due to my nut allergy
Recipie
  1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line the base and sides of the tin you wish to use with foil or baking paper.  - I learnt from my mistakes to always line the tin with Brownies!
  2. Melt the chocolate and butter slowly in a bowl set over simmering water. Once melted, take off the heat and leave to cool for a few minutes. Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract together in a seperate bowl.
  3. Fold the flour into the eggs and sugar mixture and then stir in the pecans. Add the melted chocolate and butter mixture and gently fold it all together. Pour into the tin and add the remaining Pecans over the top.
  4. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until risen at the edges but still squidgy in the middle. Don't worry if it seems undercooked, as it will continue cooking after being taken out from the oven. Don't be tempted to over cook as they will become dry.

Sorry about the lack of Brownies, my family got to them before my camera had finished charging!
This is the recipie I used which I found and tore out of bbcgoodfood magazine, the link for their website is here. However it was taken from Chococo Chocolate Cookbook £16.99
Hope you all have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. they look lovely! now craving some brownies :)

    maddie xx
    http://vintagebeautyx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm they look so lovely they are making my mouth water. I love the idea of owning your own cake shop although I would probably end up eating most of it myself :) X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs