Monday 14 November 2011

#29 Lemon Cupcakes To Make You Smile

I have had a really crap day, well actually it was a really good day. It's just the beginning to the evening has been really horrid, and I'm not going into the reasons why as it'll just get me down and make me angry. So tonight I want I want to post about some lovely sunshine yellow cupcakes I baked the other day as yellow always makes me smile! :)




To make these gorgeous little Lemon Cupcakes you will need...


Ingredients

  • 175g Caster Sugar
  • 175g Butter
  • 3 Medium Eggs - beaten
  • Lemon Essence - you can use vanilla
  • 175g Plain Flour
  • 1tsp Baking Powder
For The Icing
  • 200g Butter
  • Lemon Essence - you can use vanilla
  • 375g Icing Sugar
  • Yellow Food Dye
Recipe
  1. Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4.
  2. Beat the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs a little at a time. Add the essence too. I used lemon but you could use vanilla or any flavour you fancy.
  3. Fold in the flour and baking powder and then divide evenly into cake cases. Bake for 18-20 minutes and after after baking leave to cool.
  4. To make the icing put the butter, essence - again it doesn't matter what flavour you use and 2 tsp hot water in a mixing bowl and beat in two thirds of the icing sugar with an electric whisk. Gradually beat in the rest of the icing sugar until you have a soft but spreadable consistency that holds its shape.
  5. Fill a piping bag with a large star nozzle, with the icing. When the cakes are completely cold, pipe swirls on top of the cupcakes. Decorate with what you like. If you don't  have a piping bag you can just spread the icing on.
Enjoy the lovely cupcakes, I know I have! ;)

9 comments:

  1. They look gorgeous!!! I hope you feel better about things soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Soph! And they were so yummy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so yummy! :)

    http://katiaswonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look lovely, hope things get better for you keep positive x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look yummy :) Great blog new follower :)

    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. my goodness these look delicious!

    xx
    M.E.

    http://mindyerazo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're feeling better and these look delish! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy!

    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs