After a long hard think about it I finally decided to join a monthly beauty box subscription! The company which I went with was She Said Beauty. I couldn't decide between She Said Beauty and Glossy Box so they only reason I choose She Said Beauty was because it was slightly cheaper than the Glossy Box as the box is £9.00 a month plus £2.95 p & p, so I think it's only about a pound cheaper. However, in time I hope to join the Glossy Box too!
Straight away I am drawn to the colours. I love the fact that the outside packaging is pink, it gives it such a girly feel to it, which is perfect for us beauty mad girly girls! The box is very neatly and nicely packaged with the sticker and pink bow ribbon giving it that extra personal touch to it. Before seeing the productrs inside the box you are greeted with a sort of menu card which tells you what is in your box. This I find interesting as it gives you a discription of the products plus the prices of the full sized products if you wish to purchase them.
This is the contents of the November She Said Beauty Box which I recieved. It was nice to see some full sized products in there and brands which I hadn't heard of such as MakeBelieve. I also like the fact that the products are a mix between beauty, hair care, skin care and fragrance as it gives me lots to try out!
My First Thoughts
1. Yardley Royal English Daisy Eau De Toilette - Yardley isn't a brand that I am all too familiar with and from this sample I don't think I'm going to be running off to purchase something from them any time soon. As the fragrance is called Royal English Daisy I did expect it to smell similar to Marc Jacobs Daisy, which is one of my favourite perfumes. As it happens it smells nothing like it, to me. When I first opened the bottle it smelt slightly like disinfectant, which wasn't plesant. However, the over powering smell does tone itself down after a few minutes wear on the skin, yet it's still not my cup of tea. This fragrance would be perfect for summer, just not these winter months.
2. Redken Smooth Lock Shampoo and Conditioner - I cannot wait to try these shampoo and conditioner samples because 1. they are for dry and unruly hair which is my hair all over due to the bleach and my curls! And 2. the smell reminds me of Terrys Chocolate Orange. What's not to love?!
3. Murrays Manicure - These were a She Said Beauty Treat as a little extra. In this little set comes 15 mini nail files which will be so handy to store in my purse or handbag as I'm always asking if anyone has a nail file and people look at me as if I've just landed on earth!!
4. Makebelieve Enhance Luminize Skin Highlighter - Makebelieve isn't a brand which I had heard of before so it was nice to get something different, plus it's a winner that it's full sized! I love how sleek the packaging is. The highlighters which I use are powder based and this one is very creamy so it will be interesting to see how I get on. Yet when I swatched it it blends in to the skin really well leaving the prefect glitter shimmer behind.
5. Collection 2000 Primed & Ready - I haven't ever tried this primer as I don't tend to purchase much from Collection 2000. However, this is one of the smoothest, silkiest primers I have ever tried and I can't wait to see how well it wears.
6. So...? For Me - I was plesantly surprised with this product as I went off of So...? products a long time ago as I found them to be far too sweet and sickly but I genuienly like this fragrance. It's not overpowering and has hints of musk and floral, which is a perfect combination for this season. Perhaps So...? are going to make a good comeback?!
7. Weleda Wild Rose Smoothing Night Cream - Now Rose is a fragrance which I really cannot stand!! This night cream is also very strong smelling so I'm not sure how I'll get on with it as I like my night time products to be fragrance free and very light.
Has this persuaded you to join a Beauty Box? Or are you already subscribed to one?! Do you prefer GlossyBox or SheSaidBeauty?!