Monday 10 February 2014

Beauty | The Fragrance Shop Discovery Club 5th Edition*.

I would be lying if I said I didn't love perfume. I think I'm the most perfume addicted person out there, and I just can't help but buy more and more! So when I was sent The Fragrance Shop's Discovery Box* it was like a dream come true, plus I had already read lots of reviews on this subscription and was toying with the idea of signing up.

Like Glossy Box and Love Me Beauty Boxes you can sign up to the Discovery Club which is ran by The Fragrance Shop. Every quarter of a year you can pay £5.00 to have your box of perfume samples sent straight you your door for you to try. In this edition, the 5th edition there are 9 perfume samples, usually there are 5 so it's a complete bargain. Each box also comes with a Discovery Club booklet which tells you about each perfume you've received and also includes lots of vouchers worth up to £45.00 to spend in The Fragrance Shop. So this is what you can expect to see in a box.
The box contains popular samples for you to try, and I've enjoyed every bit of sampling new perfumes and deciding on my favourites. I have a feeling that this could be bad for my perfume addiction! 

I also love how they have included fragrances for men in the box which I'm sure my boyfriend will find a loving home for, especially as the Hugo Boss Boss Bottled is already one of his favourites on his shelf and he always smells so divine when he wears it. Surely I can't be the only girl who goes weak at the knees over a good smelling bloke?! Hugo Boss Hugo Man is also another great smell for guys and both of these have top notes of apple, along with other fruits and spices. Finally in the men's range is Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme. Now Issey Miyake has always been a brand which I've associated with older men, but with it's distinct woody smell with top notes of yuzu - a Japanese citron, it too, also smells incredible.

Now for the ladies, this edition we have 6 popular favourites, and some which I am already familiar with. I'm no stranger when it comes to Givency's Very Irresistible, something which I've had before and adore it's floral combination of roses and peonies. It's a very unmistakable feminine smell. There are also two by Thierry Mugler, Alien and Angel which I know are two favourites within the blogging world. I can already see Alien becoming a top favourite of mine! Like Givency's Very Irresistible, Guilty by Gucci is another one of my favourites due to it's similarities, although Gucci's Guilty uses oriental florals. Finishing with the florals is Jean Paul Gaultier Classsique which also includes hints of ginger entwined with the florals. Finally for the ladies, is Nina Ricci Nina, a fruity favourite for most.

As you can tell there is quite a range in this box and something there for everyone, even if there's one which may not quite be your favourite I'm sure you'll be able to find someone else who loves it. Personally, I just think this box is a great way for people to try out new fragrances and the samples are even handy just to stick in your handbag to freshen up. Along with the vouchers this box really is worth it's value for money and I can't wait to see what is in the next quarterly instalment!

Is the Discovery Club something you'd be interested in?


3 comments:

  1. I think this is a really nice idea! great way to try out a new perfume! I never know which ones I've sprayed when I have a play in the shops! I lose track!

    Jenn | PhotoJennic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a brilliant way to try new perfumes and find out what you and don't like! :) xo

      Delete
  2. For a psychopath beauty lies in the curves of his prey and how it trembles when he informs him of his fate. ceres cbd bath bomb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs